Recruitment Partner Consultant at Van Storm
Tasks: oversee and solve regulatory compliance issues, coordinate audits, and ensure adherence to maritime and offshore standards
Projects: manage regulatory compliance for maritime and offshore operations and EPC projects, liaising with internal departments and external authorities
Company: EPCI offshore contractor and offshore fleet owner & operator
Main requirements: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marine Engineering
Are you ready to master the challenging tides of maritime regulation and compliance? As a specialist in this critical field, you will act as the bridge between innovative engineering and the intricate web of global maritime rules. You'll ensure that the cutting-edge adaptations to vessels meet and advocate for compliance, interfacing with key regulatory authorities to secure necessary approvals and certifications. Your role combines technical knowledge with an adept understanding of regulatory frameworks to reconcile project innovation with compliance mandates.
• Interface with internal departments and external regulatory bodies for compliance activities
• Identify and resolve regulatory compliance issues, providing solutions for project and operational challenges
• Oversee the regulatory process, ensuring the correct submission and approval of necessary engineering documents
• Obtain necessary certifications from authorities and monitor compliance status across projects and operations
• Conduct and support internal and external audits, such as ISM/ISPS, class, and statutory surveys
With this trusted client in the Amsterdam area, we have a long-lasting relationship. It is a privately owned company that delivers floating energy solutions and complex mooring equipment to the global oil & gas and renewables industries. Besides having proven capabilities in engineering and developing installations for harsh offshore conditions, they own and operate their own fleet of FPSOs. A welcoming organization in which people with the right pro-active attitude will get opportunities to prove themselves and grow.
• Challenging engineering and offshore operational environment, particularly in developing equipment for extreme offshore conditions
• Organization with a cooperative mindset and open communication style, which allows for professional progress
• Drive for new technologies in floating sustainable energy solutions
• For the size of the projects, a relatively small multi-disciplinary engineering team, with a focus on conceptual and basic design
• Combining in one close-knit company: EPCI contractor and offshore fleet-owner-operator
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marine Engineering or a relevant field
● Minimum of 3 years experience in a related sector
● Proficient understanding of Flag State rules, maritime and offshore conventions (e.g., SOLAS, MARPOL)
● Familiarity with classification society rules and standards
● Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
● Willingness and ability to travel internationally, including visits to offshore installations
• Collaborating with a dynamic group of exceptionally skilled professionals
• 30 paid holidays per year for a nice work-life balance
• Covered commuting and interviewing costs
• Business Travel Insurance
• Basic Dutch course, so you will understand the Dutch jokes during the coffee break
• Access to social gatherings, lectures, and events, so you will meet like-minded friends within the Dutch Maritime Industry. We also offer you a 1-year membership of KNVTS, Royal Dutch Association of Marine Engineers
• Housing search support and registration provided by Van Storm
Important: Beware of Scams!
(Last Updated: October 2023)
It has come to our attention that scammers offer fake job opportunities through WhatsApp (mainly from non-Dutch numbers) using our name and logo.
If this happens, please check if this person works in Van Storm. If not, contact us and make sure you report that number in the WhatsApp settings. By taking these steps, you help protect others and block potential scammers.
Johan van Hasseltweg 10 B
1022 WV Amsterdam